- Press to open or push to open door feature
- When will the press-to-open door feature be available on Designer (formerly Integrated) Refrigeration and Wine Storage models?
- Is the press to open feature retrofitable to existing models?
- Designer unit with push controlled door
- Installation instruction sheet 9017859, 9021404
- Part number 9018427, 9018428, 9018429, 9018430, 9021401
Installation instructions detail the installation process. Designer (formerly Integrated) Column Refrigeration with dispensers has different instructions than those without instructions.
- Designer Column (without Dispenser) and Wine Storage Press-To-Open Accessory Installation Instructions
- Designer Column (with Dispenser) Press-To-Open Accessory Installation Instructions
- Press-to-Open Installation Video
- Refer to the Press-to-Open Design Guide for opening specifications and electrical location
- The Designer Column Press-to-Open accessory is only available for column models (IC).
- Tall units (IT) have pull out drawers that are not compatible with the Press-to-Open accessory.
- The Press-to-Open accessory requires a dedicated, 15 amp circuit.
- Two Press-to-Open accessories may be plugged into the same receptacle for dual installations.
- Note: An installation video is available by clicking HERE.
- Press-to-Open Sell Sheet
- Single or dual installation of Designer Column Refrigeration or Wine Storage is possible with this Press-to-Open accessory.
- A Press-to-Open accessory with a lock is not available.
- Designer Column kits have a white door frame to match the interior.
- Designer Wine Storage kits have a dark door frame to match the cocoa black interior.
- The Press-to-Open accessory does work with the accessory solid overlay doors for Designer Wine Storage units.
- Accessory stainless steel door panels are not compatible with the Press-to-Open accessory.
- NOTE: This accessory does not meet the criteria for Star-K certification. When this accessory is installed on a refrigerator unit, that unit will no longer be Star-K compliant.
- Refer to Sub-Zero Press-to-Open Door Color Options for more information.
|Press-to-Open Kit||Part Number|
|RH Designer Column (IC)||9018427|
|LH Designer Column (IC)||9018428|
|IC-xxID-RH Designer Column with Dispenser||9021401*|
|IC-xxID-LH Designer Column with Dispenser||9018428|
|RH Designer Wine (IW)||9018429**|
|LH Designer Wine (IW)||9018430**|
*For use with IC-30RID-RH and IC-36RID-RH. Dispenser units with a Left Hinge (LH) use the same kit as LH units without a dispenser.
**Cannot be used with IW-30R or IW-30C.
Individual parts from the Press-to-Open kits are also available. Refer to the following list for part numbers.
|Part Name||Part Number|
|DRIVE SENSOR ASSY,SVCE||7041690|
Tips for use
- The Press-to-Open accessory opens refrigerator doors automatically through a pushing motion on the door.
- The power cord is 108" inches long.
- After connecting the system to the electrical supply, close the refrigerator door.
- Wait six seconds until an audible signal sounds twice.
- Pressing on the door opens it for four seconds.
- Open the refrigerator door fully by reaching behind with your hand.
- Do not close the refrigerator door until at least four seconds after opening.
- Always close the door by hand.
- Do not close the refrigerator door with excessive force.
Contact a Local Dealer for further sales information.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're Standing By With Answers
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820