FOR ROASTING THE CHICKEN
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F on Convection Mode with a rack set on position 3.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a zip top bag and mix to combine.
3. Lay the chicken breasts on a baking pan lined with parchment paper and place into the oven.
4. Cook for 15 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
6. Shred the chicken and set aside.
FOR THE RED ENCHILADA SAUCE (MAKES 2 CUPS)
1. In a sauce pan heat the oil over medium-high heat for 1 minute.
2. Add the flour and stir over for 2–3 minutes to combine.
3. The mixture should not start to darken, turn the heat down if it begins to change color.
4. Stir in the spices, tomato paste, and vinegar and mix well.
5. Gradually add the stock in small amounts and whisk constantly to ensure there are no lumps.
6. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
7. Sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
RED ENCHILADA SAUCE TIPS
Some chili powders contain salt — you may want to test the sauce before adding the kosher salt. Sauce color will vary depending on the chili powder — some are more red and others more brown.
FOR THE ENCHILADAS
1. Set the oven to 350°F on Convection Roast Mode.
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
3. Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the shredded chicken and green chiles, and sauté for 3–4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove from heat and set aside.
6. To assemble the enchiladas, set up an assembly line including: tortillas, enchilada sauce, beans, chicken mixture, and cheese.
7. Lay out a tortilla, and spread two tablespoons of sauce over the surface of the tortilla.
8. Add beans in a line down the middle of the tortilla, then add in a spoonful of the chicken mixture, then sprinkle with 1⁄3 cup cheese.
9. Roll up tortilla and place in a greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
10. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
11. Then spread the remaining enchilada sauce on top of the tortillas, and sprinkle on the remaining shredded cheese.
12. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
13. Remove from oven and serve immediately, garnished with chopped fresh cilantro if desired.