- How to clean a microwave oven
- MD, MDD, MWD, MC, MS, MW24, and MWC24 microwave cleaning suggestions
- How to remove sticker residue or odor from a microwave
- Interior and exterior cleaning suggestions for a microwave
Warm water and mild soap should remove most residue from a microwave oven. For more specific recommendations, refer below:
- In the rare instance that sticker residue is left behind after removing manufacturer stickers, use a citrus-based cleaner like Goo Gone or Goo Off.
- Follow package directions.
- Cleaning is easy because little heat is generated to the interior surfaces. Therefore, there is no baking and setting of spills or spatters.
- To clean interior surfaces, wipe with a soft cloth and warm water.
- Do not use abrasive or harsh cleaners or scouring pads.
- For heavier soil, use baking soda or a mild soap. Rinse thoroughly with hot water.
- Do not use chemical oven cleaners.
- For drawer models, the drawer is not fully removable for cleaning. Clean while open.
Turntable (if equipped)
- The turntable and turntable support can be removed for easy cleaning.
- Wash turntable, turntable support, and accessory racks in water with a mild soap.
- They are also dishwasher-safe.
- Use upper rack of dishwasher for the turntable support.
- For stubborn stains, use a mild cleanser and a non-abrasive scouring sponge.
- The turntable motor shaft is not sealed, so excess water or spills should not be allowed to stand in this area.
- Remove the food crumbs from the drawer guides.
- Wipe with a soft dry cloth in order to keep the Drawer Microwave opening and closing smoothly.
- Clean exterior surfaces of the microwave oven with mild soap and water. Rinse and dry with a soft cloth.
- Do not use any type of household or abrasive cleaner.
- Wipe the window on both sides with a soft damp cloth to remove any spills or spatters.
- If there is a spill or stain in between the glass panes, it may require a new door.
- Metal parts will be easier to maintain if wiped frequently with a soft damp cloth.
- Avoid the use of spray and other harsh cleaners as they may stain, streak, or dull the door surface.
- Do not remove the trim kit for cleaning, if installed.
- Care should be taken in cleaning the touch control panel.
- If the control panel becomes soiled, open the door to inactivate the oven controls before cleaning or turn off the unit before cleaning.
- Wipe the panel with a cloth dampened slightly with water only.
- Dry with a soft cloth.
- Do not scrub or use chemical cleaners.
- Close door and touch STOP/CLEAR, or close drawer, turn control lock off, and touch STOP/CLEAR.
Stainless Steel Surfaces
- The stainless steel trim should be wiped often with a soft damp cloth and polished with a soft dry cloth to maintain its beauty.
- There are also a variety of products designed especially for cleaning and shining stainless steel.
- We recommend that the cleaner be applied to a soft cloth and then carefully wiped over the stainless steel trim, rather than applied directly to it.
- Follow package directions.
- Occasionally, a cooking odor may remain in the microwave oven.
- To remove the odor, combine 1 cup (240 ml) water, grated peel and juice of one lemon, and several whole cloves in a 2-cup (480 ml) glass measuring cup.
- Boil for several minutes using 100% power.
- Leave in the oven until cool.
- Wipe the interior with a soft cloth.
- Disconnect the power cord before cleaning, or leave the door open to inactivate the oven during cleaning.
- The waveguide cover, located inside the oven interior, is made from mica, so it requires special care.
- Keep the waveguide cover clean to make sure of good microwave performance.
- Carefully wipe the surface of the cover with a soft damp cloth to remove any food spatters immediately after they occur.
- Built-up spatters may overheat and cause smoke or possibly catch fire.
- Do not remove the waveguide cover.
- Refer to Waveguide Cover Replacement for more information.
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're Standing By With Answers
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820