Our Commitment to Sustainability
At Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove, we aspire to be a leader not only in the preservation and preparation of food, but in the preservation of our planet as well.
We strive to develop the most energy efficient luxury appliances possible, and have done so ever since we first began selling refrigeration equipment in 1945. Currently, over 30 of our appliances have earned the Energy Star rating for outstanding energy efficiency – meaning, they are required to use about 15% less energy than non-certified models. The average Sub-Zero product uses less electricity than a 100-watt bulb. And all our refrigerators keep food fresher longer, so owners throw away less food each year due to spoilage.
We promote sustainability initiatives throughout Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove operations and manufacturing. We're constantly trying to find ways to build our appliances with an eye toward minimizing environmental impact – from the materials used to the processes followed. Consider:
- Almost all of our appliances are made in our own USA facilities
- Over 75% of the stainless steel we use is from recycled material
- Up to 50% of the plastic in our refrigerators is recycled material
- No wastewater is produced in manufacturing for either Sub-Zero or Wolf
- We've significantly reduced our use of ozone-forming hydrocarbon solvents
- Nearly all the shipping containers we use are returnable