Last Modified: April, 2016
WHEN WE MAY COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU
- When you visit our Site;
- When you request information about our appliances or purchase our appliances;
- When communicating with you regarding appliance service or repair needs, warranty information or product safety information;
- When providing promotional information; or
- When you use your Appliance.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ("PERSONAL INFORMATION")
- Your name;
- Your address;
- Your work, home or mobile phone numbers;
- Your email address;
- Your product serial numbers;
- Your IP address; and
- Digital images of your appliances or appliance serial number.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To respond to inquiries about purchasing an appliance;
- To respond to your questions, comments, or customer service requests;
- To install, maintain or service your appliances;
- To register your appliance;
- To send brochures or product information which you have requested;
- To inform you of new products and promotions;
- To administer your participation in promotions, sweepstakes or contests;
- To communicate information about your transactions; and
- To improve our products and services.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We do not sell your Personal Information. We will only share your Personal Information with third parties in the following limited circumstances and only in accordance with contractual provisions which require those third parties to protect your Personal Information:
- When required to complete a purchase or to provide installation, maintenance or services for your appliances;
- When required for use by our dealers, distributors, and certified service providers;
- When required to respond to a communication inquiry, request, or comment from you;
- When required to obtain assistance from our affiliates and subsidiaries;
- When required to help us collect and analyze Personal Information and Electronic Data;
- When we are required by law or court, or other governmental order or process to disclose, or we believe in good faith that the law requires it;
- When disclosure is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may cause or be causing harm to, or interference with your appliances, our information technology systems and equipment, your privacy or your property;
- To a subsequent owner of our company, if we assign our rights and obligations regarding any of your Personal Information or other information at the time of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or substantially all of our assets to a subsequent owner or operator, you will be deemed to have consented to the disclosure to, and use by, a subsequent owner of the Company. Your continued use of the Site or your appliance signifies your agreement to be bound by any terms or policies of such subsequent owner or operator; or
- In any other circumstances when you have given your consent to such disclosure.
We will collect and store certain information automatically when you visit our Site or when performing maintenance and service calls on your appliances ("Electronic Data"). Electronic Data may include, but is not limited to:
- IP address, MAC address, RFID and/or Wi-Fi data;
- Domain name;
- Type of browser;
- Operating system;
- Pages viewed;
- Search requests;
- Geolocation and country;
- Time and duration of visit; and
- Information regarding the website address from which you visited our Site.
Electronic Data helps us to determine the volume of our users' interest in particular areas, to understand how we can improve the navigation and content of our Site, and to improve the quality of our products and services.
HOW WE MAY USE ELECTRONIC DATA
- We may aggregate Electronic Data and use it to deliver personalized content, to diagnose appliance service and maintenance needs, and for statistical purposes.
- We may disclose Electronic Data that does not include Personal Information to third parties for marketing, warranty, product improvements, service and repair needs, and internal business purposes.
- When Electronic Data is combined with any Personal Information (or when it identifies a specific device or household), we will treat Electronic Data as Personal Information.
We may collect Electronic Data using cookies when you visit our Site. "Cookies" are small electronic text files which a website can use to recognize repeat visitors. When a guest visits our Site, we may place a cookie on the visitor's machine, if the visitor’s web browser has been set to accept cookies. We may read those Cookies if a previous visitor returns to our Site. We may use a variety of other technological tools, means, and mechanisms to help us customize your experience and otherwise improve and enhance the services we provide on our Site. You can choose not to accept Cookies by blocking them in your internet or mobile browser. To block Cookies, please consult your internet or mobile browser’s help section or operating instructions. Blocking or erasing Cookies may limit or restrict your ability to use the features of our Site. The Company may also use other technologies for the purpose of tracking and researching Electronic Data, including web beacons, web logs, pixel tags, passive capture technologies, or other technologies.
HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
We take reasonable steps to protect the privacy of our visitors and customers. However, we cannot promise or guarantee that current online applications programming will address every browser setting or honor every personal browser preference. We do not react to "Do Not Track" or "DNT" browser signals at this time. Note that third parties may collect Personal Information and other information about your activities over time and across different websites when you visit our Site or other websites.
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that whatever information you provide us when using our Site or providing us Personal Information or Electronic Data will be maintained in a secure environment. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information (including Personal Information) you transmit to us, and you provide such information at your own risk.
PROTECTION OF CHILDREN'S PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not publish content that is targeted to children. We do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone under age 13 and will not knowingly collect, maintain, or disclose such information. If you are under 13, you should not transmit any Personal Information about yourself to us.
If you are a parent or guardian who has discovered that your child under the age of 13 has submitted his or her Personal Information without your permission or consent, we will make reasonable efforts to remove the information from our database, at your written request. To request the removal of your child's information, please send us an email at CustomerService@subzero.com, and be sure to include in your message the same information, including email address that your child submitted.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents have the right to obtain (a) a list of all third parties to whom the Company may have disclosed your Personal Information within the past year for direct marketing purposes; and (b) a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed. To obtain such information, please email your request to CustomerService@subzero.com.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CHANGES TO POLICY
CONSENT TO PROCESSING IN THE UNITED STATES
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you instruct us or have provided us consent to transfer your Personal Information to a third party, such transfer will be at our discretion. Any such transfer will be subject to the privacy practices of the receiving party, and we are not responsible for such third party’s use of your Personal Information when it is transferred, pursuant to your instruction or consent.
HOW WE WILL COMMUNICATE WITH YOU
You consent to being contacted if we receive a service notification for your registered appliance, or to issue other notices concerning the safety of your appliance.
We may also contact you in response to a communication from you about new products or services, to provide a promotional e-mail, to arrange for and provide service and maintenance services, to send you information about your products such as service and warranty information, and we may contact you about your orders or your accounts.
If you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, you may opt-out by clicking the unregister button at the bottom of that email.