30" Classic Over-and-Under Refrigerator/Freezer - Panel Ready
Wrinkled fruit, wilted lettuce. You’ve seen your share of past due, even spoiled food in the refrigerator. Well, it doesn’t have to be that way – the Sub-Zero 30” Classic over-and-under refrigerator keeps your food fresher longer with the most advanced food preservation technology available - a technology developed through almost 70 years of research. That means crisper greens, juicier peppers, blueberries that burst with flavor – even weeks after you’ve brought them home from the market. You'll taste the difference.
With Dual refrigeration ®, fresh foods thrive in a humid yet chilly climate, while frozen and convenience foods get the dry, frigid air they need. An air purification system inspired by NASA technology scrubs the air of ethylene gas, bacteria, mold and viruses. A magnetic door seal system locks in cold, while a state-of-the-art microprocessor monitors each section of your Sub-Zero for pinpoint climate control. Storage capacity for the BI-30U is a generous 13.2 cu. ft. refrigerator, 4.2 cu. ft. freezer. Bottom line? More flavorful, delicious food for you, your family, your guests. less
New! LED LIGHTING FOR BRIGHTER INTERIORSee all your fresh foods more clearly and easily. LED lighting is also more energy-efficient – designed to last the life of your refrigerator.
Dual refrigeration keeps food fresher
This technology pioneered by Sub-Zero features two separate cooling systems. Fresh food stays fresher in the cool, moist air of the refrigerator, while frigid, dry air prevents frost and freezer burn in the freezer – optimum preservation conditions for each type of food.
Low-temperature/high-humidity storage zones
Crispers and deli drawers are strategically located near the evaporator to maintain temperatures a few degrees cooler than the rest of the unit. Drawers are sealed to lock in humidity and ensure freshness.
Helpful freshness cardsDifferent foods require different storage procedures. That's why, inside each refrigerator, you'll find "freshness cards" that provide easy-to-follow tips for ensuring maximum food preservation.
Rigorously tested to ensure dependability
Every component of every single Sub-Zero unit is tested in its U.S. manufacturing facilities before assembly, then every completed product is factory-tested for up to 24 hours before shipping. In its labs, components are subjected to electric jolts, violent vibrations and 350⁰ temperature swings, and tested to stand up to at least 20 years of heavy use.
Over-and-under refrigerator/freezer storage
Classic over-and-under units feature easy-access refrigerator storage above a full-extension, roll-out freezer drawer containing two-tier wire baskets.
Automatic ice maker with “max ice” feature
Provides crescent-shaped ice cubes and includes a "max ice" feature capable of increasing ice production by an average of 30 percent for a 24-hour period – just the boost you need for parties and holidays.
Panel ready design
Just add your custom cabinetry panels and handles, and it blends into the décor of any room.
Air purification system fights spoilage, odors
Many fresh foods emit ethylene gas, a natural compound that hastens spoilage. Sub-Zero's classic refrigerators come with an anti-microbial air purification system (based on technology developed by NASA) that scrubs the air of ethylene, as well as mold, viruses and bacteria, every 20 minutes.
Microprocessor control guarantees peak performance
The state-of-the-art microprocessor preserves your food by adjusting to your individual climate and schedule. It continuously monitors each section of your Sub-Zero for pinpoint climate control, so foods are kept at their ideal temperature, varying by only one degree of your set point. Also lets you finesse your lighting and cooling fan, tells you if your door is ajar, and defrosts when it's most convenient for you.
Designed to reduce contaminants and chlorine taste and odors when filtering water for ice, this low-maintenance system uses a filter built to last 1 year or 750 gallons. Replacement is fast and easy.
Exceptional 24/7 customer support
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove Customer Care team has a reputation for service that's as exceptional as its products. They're based in Madison, Wisconsin, just footsteps from the factory, and are standing by to provide expert, friendly, problem-solving support.
Magnetic door seal system locks in cold air
One-piece construction, extra-heavy insulation and magnetic gaskets around every door lock in cold air. Seals are so secure that even after power outages of multiple days, owners report no thawing of their frozen foods!
Adjustable shelves for maximum convenience
Food comes in all shapes and sizes, and the interior design of Sub-Zero refrigerators and freezers accommodates that diversity. Main shelves, door shelves, even dividers in drawers adjust to allow the most convenient configuration possible.
Specifications and Downloads
Roll over image to zoom. Click image for expanded view.
Interior images are intended for interior reference only.
- LED Lighting for brighter interior
- Overlay design accepts cabinetry panels of all kinds
- Dual refrigeration keeps food fresher longer
- Air purification system fights spoilage, odors
- Crispers and deli drawers in low-temp, high-humidity zones for optimum freshness
- Microprocessor control assures peak performance
- Freshness cards for maximum food preservation
- Water-filtration system for ice reduces contaminants, chlorine taste and odor
- 3 Adjustable glass shelves
- 1 Stationary glass shelf
- 1 High-humidity drawer with divider
- 1 Storage drawer with divider
- 2 Adjustable door shelves
- 1 Stationary door shelf
- Adjustable dairy compartment
- Full-extension roll-out freezer drawer
- Two-tier wire storage baskets
- Automatic ice maker
- Overall Dimensions:30" W x 84" H x 24" D
- Refrigerator Capacity:13.2 Cubic Feet
- Freezer Capacity:4.2 Cubic Feet
- Door Clearance:31 1/4"
- Drawer Clearance:23 5/8"
- Star-K Certified
- Annual Energy Usage:$67 (560 kWh)
- Receptacle: 3-prong grounding-type
BI-30U/O Quick Reference Guide - Standard Installation
BI-30U/O Quick Reference Guide - Flush Inset Installation
Built-In Installation Guide
Sub-Zero Design Guide
Built-In Use and Care Guide
Advanced Design - Extended Height Grille
BI-30U Energy Guide
Sub-Zero Sabbath Mode Guide
- CAD Libraries
Available Accessories for the BI-30U/O
- 60" Dual Flush Inset Stainless Grille Panel
- 66" Dual Flush Inset Stainless Grille Panel
- 90° Door Stop
- Air Purification Cartridge
- Custom Side Panel Mounting Kit
- Dual Installation Kit
- Dual Installation Kit with 60" Grille Frame
- Dual Installation Kit with 60" Louvered Grille
- Dual Installation Kit with 66" Grille Frame
- Egg Container
- Extended Framed Handle Kit
- Framed Handle Kit
- Framed Louvered Grille Insert
- Framed Stainless Steel Front Panels
- Framed White Front Panels
- Grille Frame - 83"
- Grille Frame - 88"
- Louvered Grille - 83"
- Louvered Grille - 88"
- Pro Louvered Flush Inset Grille - 84"
- Stainless Steel Dual Flush Inset Door Panel with Pro Handle
- Stainless Steel Dual Flush Inset Door Panel with Tubular Handle
- Stainless Steel Dual Flush Inset Drawer Panel with Pro Handle - LH
- Stainless Steel Dual Flush Inset Drawer Panel with Pro Handle - RH
- Stainless Steel Dual Flush Inset Drawer Panel with Tubular Handle - LH
- Stainless Steel Dual Flush Inset Drawer Panel with Tubular Handle - RH
- Stainless Steel Flush Inset Door Panel with Pro Handle
- Stainless Steel Flush Inset Door Panel with Tubular Handle
- Stainless Steel Flush Inset Drawer Panel with Pro Handle
- Stainless Steel Flush Inset Drawer Panel with Tubular Handle
- Stainless Steel Flush Inset Grille Panel
- Stainless Steel Kickplate
- Stainless Steel Side Panel
- Water Filter 4204490
- White Side Panel
- Grilles for 83" or 88" finished height (84" is standard)
- Dual Installation Kit with Dual Wide Grille
- Stainless Steel Pro Handles
- Stainless Steel Tubular Handles
- Built-In Louvered Grilles
- Built-In Overlay or Flush Inset Grille Frames
Explore More Products
Request a brochure
Dozens of pages of inspiring photos, product features and more in print and online. Discover a world of beautiful, high-performance and top-quality products for your dream kitchen with this free guide from Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove.Receive a printed brochure
Get hands-on with our products
Ashburn, VA (20146) Change Location
Award-Winning Design Professionals
Partnering with a design professional to create your new kitchen will ensure that the end result matches your vision and suits your lifestyle. See below for a listing of award-winning design professionals in your area.
Ashburn, VA (20146) Change Location
Ashburn, VA (20146) Change Location
Located at specific dealers near you, the Living Kitchen features Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove appliances in real kitchen settings and more resources for selecting the right products for your dream kitchen. Look inside a Living Kitchen.