42" Classic Side-by-Side Refrigerator/Freezer with Internal Dispenser - Panel Ready
Wrinkled fruit, wilted lettuce. You’ve seen your share of past due, even spoiled food in the refrigerator. Well, it doesn’t have to be that way – the Sub-Zero 42” Classic Side-by-Side Refrigerator with Internal Dispenser keeps your food fresher longer with the most advanced food preservation technology available - a technology developed through almost 70 years of research. That means crisper greens, juicier peppers, blueberries that burst with flavor – even weeks after you’ve brought them home from the market. You'll taste the difference.
With Dual refrigeration ®, fresh foods thrive in a humid yet chilly climate, while frozen and convenience foods get the dry, frigid air they need. An air purification system inspired by NASA technology scrubs the air of ethylene gas, bacteria, mold and viruses. A magnetic door seal system locks in cold, while an advanced microprocessor provides pinpoint climate control. Discreet internal dispenser delivers filtered water and ice. Storage capacity for the BI-42SID is a generous 15.8 cu. ft. refrigerator, 7.9 cu. ft. freezer. Bottom line? More flavorful, delicious food for you, your family, your guests. less
Rigorously tested to ensure dependability
Each and every Sub-Zero appliance is rigorously stress-tested to perform for over 20 years of daily use and is backed by the strongest warranty in the industry.
New! LED LIGHTING FOR BRIGHTER INTERIORSee all your fresh foods more clearly and easily. LED lighting is also more energy-efficient - designed to last the life of your refrigerator.
Air purification system fights spoilage, odors
Many fresh foods emit ethylene gas, a natural compound that hastens spoilage. Sub-Zero refrigerators come with an air purification system (based on technology developed by NASA) that scrubs the air of ethylene and odor every 20 minutes.
Low-temperature/high-humidity storage zones
Crispers and deli drawers are strategically located near the evaporator to maintain temperatures a few degrees cooler than the rest of the unit. Drawers are sealed to lock in humidity and ensure freshness.
Designed to reduce contaminants and chlorine taste and odors when filtering water for ice, this low-maintenance system uses a filter built to last 1 year or 750 gallons. Replacement is fast and easy.
Automatic ice maker with "max ice" feature
Provides crescent-shaped ice cubes and includes a "max ice" feature capable of increasing ice production by an average of 30 percent for a 24-hour period – just the boost you need for parties and holidays.
Internal ice and water dispenser
Keep chilled water and ice at your fingertips without having to sacrifice the clean appearance that has made Sub-Zero a leader in timeless built-in design.
Exceptional customer support
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove Customer Care team has a reputation for service that's as exceptional as its products
Dual refrigeration keeps food fresher
This technology pioneered by Sub-Zero features two separate cooling systems. Fresh food stays fresher in the cool, moist air of the refrigerator, while frigid, dry air prevents frost and freezer burn in the freezer – optimum preservation conditions for each type of food.
Microprocessor control guarantees peak performance
The state-of-the-art microprocessor preserves your food by adjusting to your individual climate and schedule. It continuously monitors each section of your Sub-Zero for pinpoint climate control, so foods are kept at their ideal temperature, varying by only one degree of your set point. Also lets you finesse your lighting and cooling fan, tells you if your door is ajar, and defrosts when it's most convenient for you.
Helpful freshness cardsDifferent foods require different storage procedures. That's why, inside each refrigerator, you'll find "freshness cards" that provide easy-to-follow tips for ensuring maximum food preservation.
Magnetic door seal system locks in cold air
One-piece construction, extra-heavy insulation and magnetic gaskets around every door lock in cold air. Seals are so secure that even after power outages of multiple days, owners report no thawing of their frozen foods!
Adjustable shelves for maximum convenience
Food comes in all shapes and sizes, and the interior design of Sub-Zero refrigerators and freezers accommodates that diversity. Main shelves, door shelves, even dividers in drawers adjust to allow the most convenient configuration possible.
Panel ready design
Just add your custom cabinetry panels and handles, and it blends into the décor of any room.
Specifications and Downloads
Roll over image to zoom. Click image for expanded view.
Interior images are intended for interior reference only.
- Rigorously tested to ensure decades of use
- Exceptional support from Madison, WI-based Customer Care team
- LED Lighting for brighter interior
- Dual refrigeration keeps food fresher longer
- Air purification system fights spoilage, odors
- Microprocessor control assures peak performance
- Crispers and deli drawers in low-temp, high-humidity zones for optimum freshness
- Freshness cards for maximum food preservation
- Water-filtration system reduces contaminants, chlorine taste and odor
- Magnetic door seal system locks in cold air
- Automatic ice maker with "max ice" feature
- Adjustable shelves for maximum convenience
- Ice and chilled water dispenser inside the refrigerator marries convenience and aesthetics
- Overlay design accepts cabinetry panels of all kinds
- Internal ice and water dispenser
- 4 Adjustable glass shelves
- 1 Stationary glass shelf
- 1 High-humidity drawer with divider
- 2 Storage drawers with divider
- 3 Adjustable door shelves
- 2 Stationary door shelves
- Adjustable dairy compartment
- 2 Adjustable wire shelves
- 1 Stationary solid shelf
- 3 Storage drawers
- 5 Adjustable door shelves
- Automatic ice maker
- Overall Dimensions:42" W x 84" H x 24" D
- Refrigerator Capacity:15.8 Cubic Feet
- Freezer Capacity:7.9 Cubic Feet
- Door Clearance:26 1/4"
- Star-K Certified
- Annual Energy Usage:$89 (745 kWh)
- Receptacle: 3-prong grounding-type
BI-42SID/O Quick Reference Guide - Standard Installation
BI-42SID/O Quick Reference Guide - Flush Inset Installation
Built-In Installation Guide
Sub-Zero Design Guide
Built-In Use and Care Guide
Advanced Design - Extended Height Grille
BI-42S(ID)/S Energy Guide
Sub-Zero Sabbath Mode Guide
- CAD Libraries
Available Accessories for the BI-42SID/O
- 42" Stainless Steel Kickplate
- 90° Door Stop
- Air Purification Cartridge
- Custom Front Panel Mounting Kit
- Custom Side Panel Mounting Kit
- Egg Container
- Extended Framed Handle Kit
- Framed Handle Kit
- Framed Louvered Grille Insert
- Framed Stainless Steel Front Panels
- Framed White Front Panels
- Grille Frame - 83"
- Grille Frame - 88"
- Louvered Grille - 83"
- Louvered Grille - 88"
- Pro Louvered Flush Inset Grille - 84"
- Stainless Steel Flush Inset Freezer Door Panel with Pro Handle
- Stainless Steel Flush Inset Grille Panel
- Stainless Steel Flush Inset Refrigerator Door Panel with Pro Handle
- Stainless Steel Flush Inset Refrigerator Door Panel with Tubular Handle
- Stainless Steel Side Panel
- Stianless Steel Flush Inset Freezer Door Panel with Tubular Handle
- Water Filter 4204490
- White Side Panel
- Grilles for 83" or 88" finished height (84" is standard)
- Stainless Steel Pro Handles
- Stainless Steel Tubular Handles
- Built-In Louvered Grilles
- Built-In Overlay or Flush Inset Grille Frames
Explore More Products
Request a brochure
Dozens of pages of inspiring photos, product features and more in print and online. Discover a world of beautiful, high-performance and top-quality products for your dream kitchen with this free guide from Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove.Receive a printed brochure
Get hands-on with our products
Fitchburg, WI (53711) Change Location
Award-Winning Design Professionals
Partnering with a design professional to create your new kitchen will ensure that the end result matches your vision and suits your lifestyle. See below for a listing of award-winning design professionals in your area.
Fitchburg, WI (53711) Change Location
Deep River Partners - Milwaukee
- Mick De Giulio
de Giulio kitchen design, inc.
- KDC 2017-18
- KDC 2015-16
- KDC 2013-14
- KDC 2010-12
Fitchburg, WI (53711) Change Location
Located at specific dealers near you, the Living Kitchen features Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove appliances in real kitchen settings and more resources for selecting the right products for your dream kitchen. Look inside a Living Kitchen.