Before You Start
Silicone baking sheets are a must to make this recipe easy and fun! They can be found at most local baking supply stores or online.
1. Set oven to 170°F Dehydrate Mode.
2. Cook fruit in water for about 10–15 min at a simmer until soft.
3. Using a blender or food processor, puree the fruit with the remaining liquid until very smooth.
4. Add a little more water if needed to get a consistency thin enough to slowly pour out of the blender.
5. Pour out onto a silicone baking mat on a cookie sheet and spread it evenly across pan. It will be very thin.
6. Dehydrate at 170°F on Dehydrate Mode for 2½-3 hours, until the edges of the fruit leather can be pulled off the mat.
7. Cool completely before trying to peel off mat. Make sure the entire surface of the fruit is set, a slight tacky feeling but not wet.
8. Remove it from the pan and allow to cool to room temperature, then cut into strips.
9. Store rolled in parchment and then plastic wrap in the refrigerator
Use 1 cup dried apricots, chopped into small pieces and increase the water to 2 cups.