1. Preheat oven to 325°F on Convection Mode with racks set on positions 2, 4 and 6.
2. Whisk together the dry ingredients, then add the oil, mixing until the dough looks like cornmeal.
3. Add in the water and mix by hand until the dough comes together.
4. Knead the dough a few times on a lightly floured surface until smooth. If needed, add a few more teaspoons of water, but be careful—the wetter the dough the harder it will be to roll out.
5. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough until thin enough to fit through a pasta roller at its thickest setting. Roll dough through the pasta roller.
6. Fold the dough into thirds and roll through the pasta roller on the thickest setting a second time.
7. Continue running the dough through the roller on each setting until it reaches your preferred thickness. Do not let the cracker dough sit uncovered, or it will quickly dry out.
8. Transfer the sheet of dough to a parchment-lined baking pan.
9. Cut the dough into 3-inch squares (or other desired size), and pierce with a fork in several places.
10. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle lightly with kosher salt, and bake for 12–14 minutes, until crisp and golden brown on the edges.
Once the white cracker dough is made, roll out with rolling pin and sprinkle with assorted seeds and dry seasonings such as poppy seeds, white and black sesame seeds, granulated garlic, and dried onion. Press the seeds into the dough, fold into thirds and run through the pasta roller on the thickest setting. Continue to roll through the settings to number 6.
1. Add the ground caraway to the dry ingredients and follow the preparation method on previous page. Caraway seeds, if desired, can be rolled into the dough as well.
WHEAT AND HERB CRACKERS
1. Combine flours, herbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and then follow the preparation method.