To Make Compound Butter
- In a medium bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add chives, garlic, and salt; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon mixture into the shape of a log on a piece of wax or parchment paper. Fold the paper over itself. Using your hands, shape the butter into a cylinder, about 1½ inches wide. Once shaped, twist the ends to seal.
- Place in the freezer to set, about 20 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to serve or for up to one month. When ready to serve, slice four ¼-inch rounds and remove the parchment.
To Make Sea Bass
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Convection Mode with a rack set at position “3.”
- Generously season sea bass with salt and pepper.
- In a large, oven-safe cast iron skillet over medium heat, warm the oil until a few water droplets sizzle when carefully sprinkled in the skillet. Sear sea bass, skin side up, until well browned and easily releases from pan, about 4 minutes. Flip over and cook until seared, about 1 minute.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast about 5 minutes or cooked to the desired degree of doneness.
- Serve each fillet with a round of compound butter on top.