1. Spread the spinach on the perforated pan and place inside the steam oven. Select the Steam Mode set to 210°F. Set the timer for 5 minutes.
2. Remove the steamed spinach and place in ice water bath to stop the cooking process.
3. After the spinach has cooled, remove the spinach and grasping small handfuls, squeeze to remove as much water as possible. Set aside.
4. Melt butter with olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
5. Add the scallions and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and pour the scallions into a small work bowl.
7. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
8. Melt remaining 1⁄4 stick of butter in a small saucepan.
9. Remove the thawed phyllo from the package and unroll, leaving all the sheets still in a single stack.
10. Cut the phyllo stack with a pizza cutter into 3 long strips.
11. Cover the phyllo with a towel to prevent it from drying out.
12. Peel the layers apart and lay 4 strips down on the counter.
13. Brush with butter and top with another layer of phyllo. Brush this layer also.
14. Place a small amount of filling in the corner nearest you and fold the phyllo over onto itself, making right triangles along its length (like folding a flag). Repeat with remaining strips of phyllo.
15. Place spanakopita on the solid pan lined with parchment paper and into the oven on rack position 2. Select the More Gourmet Mode and choose Fresh Appetizers – Lightly Browned. Cook until the oven turns off automatically or the desired browning is reached.