36" Classic French Door Refrigerator/Freezer with Internal Dispenser - Panel Ready
“DID MY KITCHEN JUST GET BIGGER?”
You may like the Sub-Zero 36” French door refrigerator for its bold, stylish look. But it has its practical side too. It makes your kitchen feel more spacious, because only half a door swings out. Nice if you have a galley kitchen, or assorted friends and family members often milling about. Of course since it’s a Sub-Zero, it has an even more profound advantage –the most advanced food preservation features in the industry - features developed through almost 70 years of research.
Dual refrigeration ® provides the ideal humid yet chilly conditions for fresh foods, along with dry, frigid air for frozen and convenience foods. Sub-Zero refrigerators come with an air purification system (based on technology developed by NASA) that scrubs the air of ethylene and odor every 20 minutes. And it has new brighter LED lighting for better interior views, and a discreet interior water dispenser with filtration system. Capacity for the BI-36UFDID is a generous 15.7 cu. ft. refrigerator, 5.3 cu. ft. freezer. Bottom line? Fresher, more delicious food for you, your family, your guests. less
Rigorously tested to ensure dependability
Each and every Sub-Zero appliance is rigorously stress-tested to perform for over 20 years of daily use and is backed by the strongest warranty in the industry.
New! LED LIGHTING FOR BRIGHTER INTERIORSee all your fresh foods more clearly and easily. LED lighting is also more energy-efficient - designed to last the life of your refrigerator.
Air purification system fights spoilage, odors
Many fresh foods emit ethylene gas, a natural compound that hastens spoilage. Sub-Zero refrigerators come with an air purification system (based on technology developed by NASA) that scrubs the air of ethylene and odor every 20 minutes.
Low-temperature/high-humidity storage zones
Crispers and deli drawers are strategically located near the evaporator to maintain temperatures a few degrees cooler than the rest of the unit. Drawers are sealed to lock in humidity and ensure freshness.
Helpful freshness cardsDifferent foods require different storage procedures. That's why, inside each refrigerator, you'll find "freshness cards" that provide easy-to-follow tips for ensuring maximum food preservation.
New! Discreet Interior Water DispenserProvides up to 35 oz. of chilled, filtered water without disturbing the seamless design of your kitchen. An advanced water filtration system significantly reduces contaminants, while preserving water's fresh, clean taste.
Adjustable shelves for maximum convenience
Food comes in all shapes and sizes, and the interior design of Sub-Zero refrigerators and freezers accommodates that diversity. Main shelves, door shelves, even dividers in drawers adjust to allow the most convenient configuration possible.
Exceptional customer support
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove Customer Care team has a reputation for service that's as exceptional as its products
Dual refrigeration keeps food fresher
This technology pioneered by Sub-Zero features two separate cooling systems. Fresh food stays fresher in the cool, moist air of the refrigerator, while frigid, dry air prevents frost and freezer burn in the freezer – optimum preservation conditions for each type of food.
Microprocessor control guarantees peak performance
The state-of-the-art microprocessor preserves your food by adjusting to your individual climate and schedule. It continuously monitors each section of your Sub-Zero for pinpoint climate control, so foods are kept at their ideal temperature, varying by only one degree of your set point. Also lets you finesse your lighting and cooling fan, tells you if your door is ajar, and defrosts when it's most convenient for you.
Over-and-under refrigerator/freezer storage
Classic over-and-under units feature easy-access refrigerator storage above a full-extension, roll-out freezer drawer containing two-tier wire baskets.
Magnetic door seal system locks in cold air
One-piece construction, extra-heavy insulation and magnetic gaskets around every door lock in cold air. Seals are so secure that even after power outages of multiple days, owners report no thawing of their frozen foods!
Automatic ice maker with "max ice" feature
Provides crescent-shaped ice cubes and includes a "max ice" feature capable of increasing ice production by an average of 30 percent for a 24-hour period – just the boost you need for parties and holidays.
Panel ready design
Just add your custom cabinetry panels and handles, and it blends into the décor of any room.
Specifications and Downloads
Roll over image to zoom. Click image for expanded view.
Interior images are intended for interior reference only.
- Rigorously tested to ensure decades of use
- Exceptional support from Madison, WI-based Customer Care team
- LED Lighting for brighter interior
- Dual refrigeration keeps food fresher longer
- Air purification system fights spoilage, odors
- Microprocessor control assures peak performance
- Crispers and deli drawers in low-temp, high-humidity zones for optimum freshness
- Over-and-under refrigerator/freezer storage
- Freshness cards for maximum food preservation
- Magnetic door seal system locks in cold air
- Discreet interior water dispense with advanced filtration
- Automatic ice maker with "max ice" feature
- Adjustable shelves for maximum convenience
- Overlay design accepts cabinetry panels of all kinds
- 3 Adjustable glass shelves
- 1 Stationary glass shelf
- 1 High-humidity drawer with dividers
- 1 Storage drawer with dividers
- 4 Adjustable door shelves
- 2 Stationary door shelves
- 2 Adjustable dairy compartments
- Full-extension roll-out freezer drawer
- Two-tier wire storage baskets
- Automatic ice maker
- Overall Dimensions:36" W x 84" H x 24" D
- Refrigerator Capacity:15.7 Cubic Feet
- Freezer Capacity:5.3 Cubic Feet
- Door Clearance:19 1/2"
- Drawer Clearance:23 5/8"
- Star-K Certified
- Annual Energy Usage:$78 (654 kWh)
- Receptacle: 3-prong grounding-type
BI-36UFDID/O Quick Reference Guide - Standard Installation
BI-36UFDID/O Quick Reference Guide - Flush Inset Installation
Built-In Installation Guide
Sub-Zero Design Guide
Built-In Use and Care Guide
Advanced Design - Extended Height Grille
BI-36UFD Energy Guide
Sub-Zero Sabbath Mode Guide
- CAD Libraries
Available Accessories for the BI-36UFDID/O
- 36" Stainless Steel Kickplate
- 90° Door Stop
- Air Purification Cartridge
- Custom Front Panel Mounting Kit
- Custom Side Panel Mounting Kit
- Egg Container
- Extended Framed Handle Kit
- Framed Handle Kit
- Framed Louvered Grille Insert
- Framed Stainless Steel Front Panels
- Framed White Front Panels
- Grille Frame - 83"
- Grille Frame - 88"
- Louvered Grille - 83"
- Louvered Grille - 88"
- Pro Louvered Flush Inset Grille - 84"
- Stainless Steel Flush Inset Door Panel with Pro Handle
- Stainless Steel Flush Inset Door Panel with Tubular Handle
- Stainless Steel Flush Inset Drawer Panel with Pro Handle
- Stainless Steel Flush Inset Drawer Panel with Tubular Handle
- Stainless Steel Flush Inset Grille Panel
- Stainless Steel Side Panel
- Water Filter 4204490
- White Side Panel
- Grilles for 83" or 88" finished height (84" is standard)
- Stainless Steel Pro Handles
- Stainless Steel Tubular Handles
- Built-In Louvered Grilles
- Built-In Overlay or Flush Inset Grille Frames
Explore More Products
Request a brochure
Dozens of pages of inspiring photos, product features and more in print and online. Discover a world of beautiful, high-performance and top-quality products for your dream kitchen with this free guide from Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove.Receive a printed brochure
Get hands-on with our products
Fitchburg, WI (53711) Change Location
Award-Winning Design Professionals
Partnering with a design professional to create your new kitchen will ensure that the end result matches your vision and suits your lifestyle. See below for a listing of award-winning design professionals in your area.
Fitchburg, WI (53711) Change Location
Deep River Partners - Milwaukee
- Mick De Giulio
de Giulio kitchen design, inc.
- KDC 2017-18
- KDC 2015-16
- KDC 2013-14
- KDC 2010-12
Fitchburg, WI (53711) Change Location
Located at specific dealers near you, the Living Kitchen features Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove appliances in real kitchen settings and more resources for selecting the right products for your dream kitchen. Look inside a Living Kitchen.