- Preheat the oven on the Steam Mode at 200°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, salt, sugar, and vanilla until well combined.
- In a saucepan, bring the cream up to a simmer over medium heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and with a ladle, very slowly add the cream to the egg mixture while whisking continuously.
- Strain this mixture through a fine mesh strainer and divide evenly between 6 ramekins.
- Place the ramekins on the perforated pan and steam for 30 minutes. The custards will be set when done, but will pull from sides of ramekins when tipped at an angle.