Before You Start
The use of parchment paper makes it easy to remove the cookies after baking. Simply slide the parchment paper off the cookie sheet to cool on a wire rack. For the best results, use a portion cookie scoop. Controlling and maintaining a consistent size cookie will help them to uniformly bake. Portion cookie scoops can be found at most local kitchen supply stores.
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F on Convection Mode with racks set on positions 2, 4 and 6.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, cake flour, kosher salt and baking soda.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars on medium speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
4. Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing on medium speed and scraping bowl after each addition until well combined.
5. Add the vanilla.
6. Add the sifted dry ingredients and mix on low speed just until the flour is no longer visible.
7. Stir in the chocolate, butterscotch, walnut, pecans, and coconut on low speed until combined.
8. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough — or use a 1 to 1¼-inch cookie scoop — onto parchment lined cookie sheets at least 2-inches apart.
9. Bake for approximately 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and center is set.
10. Remove from oven and cool on cookie sheets for 5 minutes.
11. After 5 minutes, slide the parchment paper and cookies off the pan and transfer to wire racks to cool completely.