1. Preheat the oven to 350°F Convection Mode with a rack set at position “3."
2. Whisk together all the dry ingredients and the thyme.
3. Mix the butter into the dry ingredients by hand until hazelnut-size pieces form.
4. Add in cheese and then the heavy cream.
5. Mix gently by hand until the dough comes together. This can also be done in a stand mixer or food processor, though take caution not to overwork the dough.
6. Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and press out into a 7-inch disk, about 1 inch thick.
7. Cut disk into eight pieces.
8. Place on a parchment-lined baking pan and bake for 16–18 minutes until golden brown around the edges.