Before You Start
If you don’t have a roasting rack, use the broiler rack that came with your broiler pan and place it in your roasting pan.
1. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and black pepper to create a rub.
2. Season the roast liberally on all sides with kosher salt.
3. Coat the prime rib with the prepared rub.
4. Place roast in a roasting pan with an elevated roasting rack.
5. Insert the temperature probe into the thickest part of the roast.
6. Place roast into oven with a rack set at position “2.” Plug the probe into the oven receptacle.
7. Set oven to Gourmet Mode and choose Meat, Beef, Prime Rib, and your desired doneness. The oven will cook the roast until the probe reaches the desired internal temperature.
8. Remove roast from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.